Recipe Courtesy of Allrecipes
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 c white sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 c pumpkin puree
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/8 c confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 10×15 jelly roll pan.
- Mix the eggs, white sugar, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin puree in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the all-purpose flour and baking soda.
- Combine the mixtures from step 3 & 4, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the jelly roll pan, and spread it evenly.
- Bake the mixture for 15-25 minutes and then set it out until it is cool enough to handle.
- Place the baked pumpkin cake on a cotton tea towel, and roll it up with the towel inside. Then place it seam side down to allow the cake to finish cooling.
- Blend the butter, cream cheese, 1 cup of the confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract to form the filling.
- Once the pumpkin cake is finished cooling, unroll it and cover it with the filling. Then roll it back up, but this time without the towel.
- Cover the pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate it until it is ready to serve. When serving, sprinkle the remaining 1/8 c of confectioners sugar on top.